The TechFolios team is pleased to announce a new major release of TechFolios. Since its initial release almost 7 years ago, TechFolios has been used by almost 2,000 software developers to create their professional portfolio. We've taken our experience over the years into account when designing this release which we believe provides a significantly improved experience for users.
A summary of the improvements in TechFolios 2 include:
- Update from Jekyll 3 to Jekyll 4.
- Update of CSS framework from Semantic UI 2.4 to Bootstrap 5.
- Use of GitHub Actions to:
- Indicate when the build fails (and whether it's due to a syntax error in bio.json)
- Indicate when the portfolio has been deployed and is ready for viewing
- A refreshed, modernized default layout incorporating a single page design.
- Refreshed and improved documentation using Docusaurus.
- Open Graph meta-data to improve URL display.
- Simplified theming using Bootstrap CSS variables.
We believe this creates a firm foundation for the next 7 years and the next two thousand developers!
If you are new to TechFolios, you can get started following the instructions in the Quick Start.
If you already have a TechFolio using Version 1 and want to migrate to TechFolios 2, please see the Migration Guide